Hmmm, XP does do something funny with printer drivers.  I know that I am
unable to delete my Epson1590 printer driver made by windows, even though I
have the manufacturer's driver installed as well.

Installing the Adobe PDF generator, disconnecting my printers & deleting the
Epson guys only makes 1 of them come back after awhile, but, it does give
the Adobe PDF generator a chance to become the default driver & forces
Protel to use it.

If you have a network printer set up, try this:

right click on My Network places, select properties.

right click on you local area network connection, select properties.

Un-check File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks.

You may need to do this for any additional local area network connections.

Reboot, set the default printer to the PDF writer driver, delete any other
drivers & run Protel.

Finish the steps in my first email, then you may turn file & printer sharing
back on, as well as re-install any other printer drivers you may need.

Brian Guralnick