I have an SMT connector with skinny pads.

I wish to change my footprint so that the pads are 3 times as long BUT
the soldermask still defines the physical pad as in the original i.e.
only a third of the new length of the pad.

Can you think of any 99SE tricky ways of doing this?

It seems to me that I might need to bluff protel with multiple co-sited
pads or something, so that I get the extra large pad without an SM
being generated for it & then maybe a smaller pad (directly on top)
which will be used to define the SM opening.

??

=====
--        (99SEsp6)
Dom Bragge CID