--- Abd ulRahman Lomax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > At 02:02 AM
4/5/2004, Dom Bragge wrote:
> >I have an SMT connector with skinny pads.
> >
> >I wish to change my footprint so that the pads are 3 times as long
> BUT
> >the soldermask still defines the physical pad as in the original
> i.e. only a third of the new length of the pad.

> Yes, you could do this, but it is more complicated. Only if you
> wanted the solder mask opening to vary with the solder mask rules for

> the PCB would you do it. Probably not a good idea in this case.

Thanks. This seems to work nicely & does tranfer reliably to the
secondary side when the component is flipped.

Summary
1. Change pad to required new size.
2. Change the pad's properties>advanced to 'tenting'
3. Place a fill on 'topsolder'. Note: this SolderMask size will Not
resize when design rules are varied.

=====
Dom Bragge CID
Snr PCB Designer