From: Ray Mitchell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 8:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEDA] Creating selective keepouts

I'm using Protel 99SE SP6.  I have components on the top and bottom of my
board.  In one area of the bottom I would like the autorouter to be allowed
to place both vias and traces as needed.  In another area of the bottom,
however, I would like it to be able to place vias, as needed for routing on
other layers, but I don't want it to be able to place any traces.  I've
tried specifying NOT USED in the design rules for the bottom layer but when
I do that it will not route anything anywhere.  Any thoughts on this?

Ray Mitchell
Engineer, Code 2732
SPAWAR Systems Center
San Diego, CA. 92152