From: Mike Reagan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 12:02 PM
To: 'Protel EDA Forum'
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Creating selective keepouts

Ray

Now I understand a little better.       You could this. I use this trick to
keep traces out of certain areas.  Place a matrix of 1 mil lines on the
bottom and make them KEEP OUT lines.   Make the  squares in the  matrix
large  enough so the router can pop vias in.  The matrix will prevent
routes. Set the via grid to 1. Vias will be allowed routes wont

To keep vias out of an area, use an used layer ( I use layer 30)  Set layer
30 to no route .  Place fills on layer 30 and call make them keep out fills

Mike