Trent Bates wrote:

I use Protel 99SE.
Is it possible to view different layers and turn different layers on and
off. I know that by pressing <SHIFT> +S, I will view only the current layer
but its it possible to select which layers are being viewed. For example
when looking at my top layer I would like to see the Top layer and the Top
Layer overlay .

Sure. There are two things that control the view. One is in options, one is in
preferences. These are under the main PCB menu tabs "design" and then "options",
you can turn each layer on or off. The colors are set in "tools" then "preferences".

Also is it possible to flip the board around and view the bottom layer as if
it were the top.

The PCB print process allows you to do this. I use it to make back side of board
assembly drawings. I don't think there's a way to view it reversed right in the
PCB window.

Jon