Thanks for the white paper Mike.

I have been curious to try the Electra autorouter ( mainly because of your
enthusiastic plugs ), and so I read your white paper and got the demo.

I routed a small double sided board with SMD on both sides.  I was able to get 100%
routed in 99SE using 10/10 and 12mil spacing SMD-track.  99SE router will not do my
desired 14mil SMD-via spacing, so i manually adjusted offending vias and cleaned up.

I am trying Electra on the same layout and initially getting 94% completion and no
adherance to any special clearance rules.

I tried using your DO file and it seems ROUTE 5 is inadequate.  Am i misunderstanding
your intention?

I tried the basic.do file with an addition of "rule pcb (clearance 12 (type
smd_wire)". I did not see any adherance to this special rule in the resulting routing.

I have tried using small grids and assigning layers to 'any' direction, with some
improvement.

I would be encouraged with Electra if I could get 100% routing with adherance to my
spacing rules.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Or does Electra shine on multi-layer stuff
and this simple 2 layer board is under the Electra radar?

Duane Foster