From: Brian Guralnick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 10, 2004 10:50 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] footprint clearance checking

Design it like all of the components in my publicly available library, where
the silkscreen defines the outer & inner edges of where the component
surfaces meet the PCB.  Shrink the component-component clearance to 1 mil,
or 0 mil.  This will allow you place, for example, some caps & resistors
right up to & under some areas of a large PCB mounted RCA jack, but, it will
not allow you to place components too close where the silk screen area may
touch each other.  Note that my library was intentionally designed like this
for creating hand-held electronic devices where mounting area may be super
constrictive.

Brian Guralnick