by right window i meant the main right hand pane
when the list of files is showing over there (and only then)

when the file list is showing in the right pane (the root DDB tab is
current) then the File Menu
offers the File Files fearures and/or you just hit Ctrl-F

check 'enable search through other design databases'
and set a search path and/or file spec

HTH

ds

Dan Enslen wrote:

> I either missed the first few posts or I just don't get it.
>
>  Dennis wrote
>
> > i just stumbled (after all this time!) on
> > ctrl-F when in the main file list in the RIGHT window
> > (only place it shows and which exposes the Find Files .. in the File
> Menu)
> >

> I can't seem to figure out how to do this. He mentions the RIGHT window.
> Are we referring to something I don't know of? I usually only have the
> Design Explorer Window open and the item I am working on (ie: Schematic,
> PCB.) Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Dan Enslen
>
> The only reason time exists is so
> everything doesn't happen all at once.

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com