Jeff Stout wrote:

How do I create "negative" film output?  And why can't Protel do this right
out of the box?  I want to use a home PCB kit to create a simple PCB and I
need negative film.

I once heard of a method of printing to pdf then hand editing the output to
create that effect. But nothing clicked for me when I looked at the pdf
output a few minutes ago.

If you have a PostScript printer, you should be able to find, under "advanced",
then "PostScript Options" settings to mirror and print in negative. This is
in the print options menu. But, I
think you'll find the results pretty poor. Laser printers (and most others)
have problems with the paper not tracking straight through, and the lasers
have tricky optics to linearize the optical path, but it isn't perfect.

Jon