Interesting. Essentially a discovery service for protobuf RPC.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "pointers to other services". Is
it going to reference them by name or a more complex structure
containing full endpoint information?

Also, is it going to be an extension to pbcap or something completely
new? The reason I am asking is because some patterns in pbcap (such as
wrapping up everything into a global Stream message) are rather
questionable and not without consequences.

Regards,

Mikhail Opletayev
http://dataflow-software.com