New to protobuf but my google-fu is failing me here.  I would like to write
a receiver that parses a base message, then distributes it to registered
receivers who know how to parse the extensions. I don't want the receiver
to know about the extensions, other than the range defined in the base
.proto.  From reading the docs, you can define extensions to a message in
separate .proto files.  But it seems like the receiver would need to know
about all the extensions via an ExtensionRegistry.  This is to be used
along with Netty - another user is dealing with a similar thing shown
here<http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf/browse_thread/thread/3d69561b7df50bce?pli=1>.

Is there a way around this?  A code example, ideally in Java?

Thanks,

Neil