On 13 July 2015 at 16:23, aconway <acon...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 13:03 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>> I don't really know much about Go, so I mainly have questions rather
>> than answers.
>>
>> - What would actually be included in this 'qpid-proton-go' repo vs
>> the
>> existing qpid-proton repo?
>
> The contents of proton-c/bindings/go on branch "go1". Basically the Go
> binding source code.
>
>> - Have you looked into how other Apache projects are supporting "go
>> get", if there are any, to see what do they do?
>
> Nope, good point. I've looked at a bunch of google and github projects,
> but all pure Go so the tools Just Work. Anyone know of other mixed
> -language projects with a go component?
>
>> I'm not sure how well it would go down with infra to be routinely
>> 'distributing' things directly out of the repo.
>
> I'm pretty sure they're OK with distributing source code out of the
> repo :)  Go distributes everything as pure source, so no unusual use of
> the repo is implied.

I mainly meant that developers and interested folks using the repo to
get at the source for inspection and modification isn't necessarily
considered the same as using it as a regular entry point for most
users. For example, we use the mirror system for our actual [source]
releases. That said, if we are discussing a fairly small binding that
probably isn't much of an issue, and as I wondered, perhaps the github
mirror of the repo might be a useful tool there.