On 9/5/07, jdalton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In some cases, other functions build off of these base functions and
> the slow down can eventually grow.... For example using large arrays
> or calling a method 1000+ times that make heavy use of the Enumerable
> helpers is slow compared using a traditional for loop.

We are quite aware of that. You will notice how we use native JavaScript
functionality in methods that are called heavily (in the framework or
userland code). But, when we have this line that runs just once:

  $w("foo bar baz").each(function(){ ... })

... then speed improvement gained by rewriting this into native JavaScript
is negligible. We sacrifice a millisecond or two for style.

Other rant: Also I don't see a valid argument for not using opening
> and closing conditional brackets { }...

On the other hand, we don't see a valid argument for using them :)