In some cases, other functions build off of these base functions and
the slow down can eventually grow.... For example using large arrays
or calling a method 1000+ times that make heavy use of the Enumerable
helpers is slow compared using a traditional for loop.

I think that using the array is easier to read and cuts a bunch of
uneeded execution.
I know Core Devs are saying that the slow down is negligible, but as
Prototype grows using wasteful coding practices like these may bite
devs in the rear.

Other rant: Also I don't see a valid argument for not using opening
and closing conditional brackets { }...
Its a few brackets here and there that would make the code soo much
less cryptic. I think that gzipping and this would still keep the
filesize managable.

Keep up the great work.
John