Les, everyone is correct in stating there are inherent problems (or issues
to be aware of) with multiple inheritance. However, it is certainly handy
when you really need it (and know what to be careful of). Again, feel free
to check out the inheritance model I use (
http://www.someelement.com/2007/03/multiple-inheritance-with-prototypejs.html),
as it does support multiple inheritance as well. There are also some issues
I have with the whole "prototype-static, instance" methods vs. "true
instance only" methods, so I do away completely with forcing references to
the superclass methods. You need to call a superclass method within an
overridden subclass method - just grab the reference on your own (explained
in that blog post).

The prototype-core team's job is to handle at least 85% of people's needs.
AFAIK the new inheritance stuff achieves that (though using my model I will
have no needs for it)... we just need to keep in mind that if we run into
our own needs, or edge cases, we can mod away (just remember to do it
smartly to not break your upgrade path).

--
Ryan Gahl
Manager, Senior Software Engineer