When I get around to adding it, i'll add a community section to my company
homepage, with a few of these bits and pieces on there.
Til then, i think I have a blog (virtually never updated) somewhere, and I
could post them there. I'll make a spinoffs post on this when I add it.

Thanks for the tip on adding methods, I never thought to check for
Element.addMethods!

1. agreed
2. $("myform").username works when the 'username' is static, and the use
case for non static names is very rare, so sounds fine.
3. I've used number.between a fair bit myself, and I seem to recall seeing
it recently in a library. Mainly in keyhandlers and drag/drop handling. but
yeah, it is easily accomplished with conditions.
4. Do you want me to create a patch for this? Last time I did it, I think I
used some code that allowed you to range dates by more than just day but
that's probably overkill. I think
Ken Snyder's date methods patch is here which I think has a better
implementation of Date.prototype.succ that allows more than just
day-iteration.
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/9452

Gareth