On Nov 22, 2007 11:57 AM, Viktor Kojouharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've made a ticket with an attached patch that adds a script insertion
> method a few months ago, right here:
> http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/9871

Whoa, that's a lot of code.

I think the problem with this sort of functionality being in core is that a
lot of people have different requirements for their apps and also optimize
their code and asset files differently. We must take into account that most
of our users might not use the feature at all, and that we may be
introducing bloat to the framework then. I would welcome a cross-browser
feature for dynamic script tag with callback only if it were a few lines
long.

Rest of the core team, what are your opinions on any of this becoming a part
of the library? While dynamic script tag may not be so popular vs. bundling
scripts into one optimized, gzipped file, I still think CSS injection could
be a good addition. On the other hand, almost everything that can be
accomplished with CSS injection can also be done with classname switching...