On Jan 26, 2008 3:00 AM, dynamo517 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm sure there will be more appreciative people than puzzled people if
> the functionality I propose makes it's way in.

Quite the contrary. I remember Sam saying that he dislikes functions that
have the same name, but do different things. This is an example of that;
with ordinary nodes it uses innerHTML, but with IMG elements it changes the
value of src.

I realize that you think this is a neat idea, and I agree it is a good idea;
it just doesn't fit in the Prototype philosophy well. We believe consistency
is key and that too much magic leads to confusion of users in various edge
cases. I think users should know what they're doing, and that they should
change the value of src themselves.