Re: Yanick's comments, to be clear I'm simply trying to see if there
are any ways that community members can help speed up the frequency of
releases, specifically BUGFIX releases; no one is advocating for a
bloated core library.  There are DOZENS of bugs and optimizations with
patches in lighthouse, some of which are quite serious and require
manually patching of prototype in order to have a working framework.
I'm simply trying to find out if it's a conscious decision of the core
team to release infrequently (the "growing the community" post I
quoted indicates the opposite), if there is something that makes
releases difficult (such as lack of testing) that the community can
help out with, or if there are other issues.