Thanks Artemy, 'set' vs 'put' took some consideration. Basically: many
Javascript APIs use 'get', 'set', 'unset' methods. I used to use POST
(as in 'create') but now find it's easier to deal with network failure
using only PUT (as in 'set') as POST is not idempotent. As mentioned
above, where the server supports PUT, your Http.set would be upgraded
from a POST to a PUT. Where it does not, your Http.set would remain a
POST so you get the best of both worlds. I guess you could do
Http.Get, Http.Post, Http.Put and Http.Delete static methods to get
around 'delete' being reserved. This then is quite extensible, one
downside being that the method names are then upper camelCase.
Although I would argue for point 2 above, I do think that Http.set,
get, unset sits better next to other Javascript APIs. Excuse me if
"memorable" came off as "better": what I meant is "easy to remember".

Thanks Andrew, looking forward.