An effort to focus on the community has to come from core itself but I
agree that we can do something from within the community. That’ll
probably only have limited effect since it won't reach as many users
being an unofficial effort. A revamp of the official site would give
the most benefit, a wiki alone has it's limitations.

I see the best possible community effort to be like a revamp of the
official site. Combining wiki, plugins, documentation, tutorials,
forums, mailing lists, blog etc. all into one site that focuses on
getting the community excited and involved besides just presenting the
framework. I'm willing to kick in time to create it, but I don't want
to rush into things when I don't know if it's a waste of my time. I'd
expect Prototype to go that way anyways eventually. I'll just throw
the idea on the table for now since I think it would help Prototype
more then a community wiki effort alone.

--
Nick