Don't you think that's the tail wagging the dog? The standards are
there so that ALL the browser manufacturers can follow them, not the
other way around. We already suffered through what happens when each
browser manufacturer goes his or her own way -- I actually do remember
making multiple versions of a site and browser sniffing with a great
deal of loathing. This notion that "if it doesn't look the way IE does
it then it must be wrong" is just so completely realpolitik (not to
mention self-destructive) that it boggles the mind.

Walter