But IE < 8 treats height as if it was min-height, not as height. I
propose that you make a static copy of your HTML, post it somewhere,
and then post a screenshot from IE for comparison purposes. But
really, we've gone pretty far off topic for this list. I'm happy to
help you in another venue with your HTML issue. I'm a frequent
contributor on the Apple list, if you'd like to join and post there.
Despite the sponsorship, it's really not that Apple-centric a list,
more about good practices and getting things to work correctly than
anything else.

Walter