My point still stands that it is a simple example... when we delve deeper into
more complex examples it becomes garder and harder!!... Also fom what i can
remember about the code it took 2 requests to complete as opposed to 1....
surely that is not memory efficient...

I dont deny it can probably all be done with non inline i just dont aggree that
its better to do it due to script size, time to write, number of requests,
memory & scalability.....

To the best of my knowledge OOP is used for the re-usablility of code/functions
(certainly in php anyway), i for one like to reuse my functions in PHP,
Javascript and other languages if only to keep the size of things to a minimum
and my code is written for me not for other people to be able to read (luckily)
!!!

This is probably a good debate to have in an open group like this as alot of
people new to Javascirpt programming are told not to inline things but not
really explained the real reasons why or why not to!! - same with php and ' vs
" !!

Long day for me time to hit the hay !

Regards
Alex