I've implemented what Rick (Thank You!) suggested, and it seems to
have solved the recognition problem.  The only minor problem I'm still
having is that instead of a sliding effect, the div just abruptly
appears without sliding.  It's as if it knows the div needs to be
displayed onclick, but not that it should call a slide.  I'm assuming
its because I'm just using <script> tags as opposed to pasting that
into one of the js files.  Which file should I be putting it in?  I
examined the scriptaculous and prototype files for similar looking
code, but being a supernoob I'm reluctant to just throw it in
there.

On Jun 4, 2:29 pm, Rick Waldron <waldron.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Alex,
>
> I think i met all of your 
> criteria:http://genevajs.com/misc/demo-ps-list-0011.php
>
> i left the js in the main file so you could reference. dig it.
>
> Rick
>
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Alex McAuley <
>
> webmas...@thecarmarketplace.com> wrote:
> > �...@rick -- Okay here is a good one.....
>
> > A very dynamic site where you need to pull varying variables
> > -- excuse the psudeo code !! just proving its needed sometimes !!
>
> >     funciton doSomething({options}) {
>
> >     new Ajax.Updater(options.element,options.url, {
>
> >                            method:options.method,
> >                            evalScripts: options.evalscripts,
> >                         parameters: {
> >                                        options.parametersName:
> > options.params
> > }
> > onComplete: options.onCompleteFunction // Not sure if would work - as i've
> > never tried
>
> > });
>
> > }
>
> > <div
> > onclick="doSomething({element:'myDiv',url:'myurl.php',evalscrips:true,parametersName:'postbody',params:'<?php
> > echo($myVeryDynamicVariableIJustRecievedFromAnotherAjaxRequestThatTheDocumentCouldNotPossiblyKnowWithoutUpdatingLotsOfHiddenVariables);
> >  ?>',onCompleteFunction:'function(){alert(\'Hi\');}'});">
> > </div>
>
> > Now without inline handlers i would have to make alot of functions.. this
> > way i can reuse my code and just change the inputs ....
>
> > I will state i dont do this often but sometimes it is needed as a script
> > cannot always get the variables it needs as some change dynamically from
> > other requests and outside factors
>
> > I built an extremely dynamic Web Desktop over the last 2 years which is
> > alot faster than anything else out there... One of the main factors it stays
> > fast is the client memory is not clogged up with huge initial downloads of
> > functions that only get used every now and again!.
>
> > My view is each to thier own .... If it aint broke dont fix it and if
> > everyone wrote code the same then the internet would be boring !!
>
> > I would be interested to see how you would tackle problems like the one
> > above as i've never really discussed it with anyone before
>
> > Regards
> > Alex
>
> > ----- Original Message -----
> > *From:* Rick Waldron <waldron.r...@gmail.com>
> > *To:* prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
> > *Sent:* Thursday, June 04, 2009 4:06 PM
> > *Subject:* [Proto-Scripty] Re: Working outside loop, but not inside
>
> > A quick google for "php single quotes vs double quotes" will help you
> > understand the difference and what it means to the overhead and scalability
> > of your code. I picked this article from said google results:
>
> >http://andrewgatenby.com/single-quotes-and-double-quotes-in-php
>
> > @Alex,
> > I honestly can't think of any scenario where it is ok to use inline
> > handlers, but I'm definitely interested in hearing your argument regarding
> > them. I'm of the belief that complete separation of logic is imperative and
> > should be regarded as best practice (or even, "only practice")... thoughts?
>
> > @Craig,
> > Apparently Effect.toggle() does not like the element chained to it... odd.
> > Anyway, you can improve this much further.... I've posted a demo.
> >http://genevajs.com/misc/demo-ps-list-0010.php
>
> > Rick
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Prototype & script.aculo.us" group.
To post to this group, send email to prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
prototype-scriptaculous+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to