Here's a list of problems. (I use database to drive the second
sortable too).
Now, if you drag an item from originals to clones any item but not the
first, it will be cloned and "reverted". But you wont be able to move
it (inside of cloned sortable), when you drag and drop one more item,
that item wont move ass well, but previous dropped item apparently
receives the ability of being dragged. What is extremely weir. Here's
one more weirdness, if you drag items from originals in order they
appear, then they will be cloned but won't be "reverted". I've also
added your print_r($_POST) to the update_order.php but it's giving
some unfair results.
I've uploaded the whole pack to a "some" website. Check it out
http://scriptaculous.host22.com/