Start with the Ajax.Request since that's likely to be the longest step. Then
fade out the DIV, with a callback after the animation to set a "doneFading"
flag to 1true`. The onComplete of the Ajax.Request should check if the
doneFading flag is true, and if it is, update the innerHTML and fade it back
in. If it's still fading out (with a fast latency), it should use setTimeout
to keep polling the DIV until it's doneFading flag is true.

Alex