Unfortunately I am actually not able to get the site online.

I call the function like this:
class="entry">Computer</div>

If I run the search() function directly in the onclick-handler it
works. However, with no fade- & appear-effects.

Maybe the following is an evidence:
Sometimes Firefox Debug says, that one ")" is missing after argument
list on position "new.Effect.Parallel(effects, afterFinish:**
function()....

Cheers!