Thanks a lot! I used Guillaume's version and it works fine!
If you are able to solve my following problem regarding the same
matter, you are my hero.

I want to realize the same functionality, however with all elements of
the class "solution". I read about "invoke" but I am not really sure
regarding your solution.
Here is my try which is not working:

$$('solution').invoke('fade',({afterFinish: search(area, choice,
Element.appear.curry($$('solution').invoke))}));

(area and choice are parameters of a own function called search)

Thanks in advance!