yep, draggables are only visible when over droppables, i have not been
able to figure out why...  z-index of draggable is way high enough..

 i did experiment a little and found i have the same offset problems
without tables. nevertheless i will get rid of the tables  (i
"inherited" them from the former dev) in the next haul.