Hi,

> I think the site needs an integrated contribution system for Prototype
> Extensions, better than jQuery's(http://plugins.jquery.com/).

One thing at a time. :-) And of course, there's scripteka.com.

> Some want something easier than learning git,
> rake, lighthouse, etc.,  in order to contribute; maybe a web front-end
> to whichever code is in place, to lower the barrier to contributing.

Good news: Apparently in GitHub, you can fork the project and do on-
site editing of content (Mislav and Tobie just told me about that),
then send a pull request. So if git is a barrier, someone can
contribute just using a browser. Result!