Marc-Andre,

> Changes to bylaws are usually implemented by the board. They can
> also be put up to vote with the voting members and for larger
> changes, the board will generally take that approach.

> In this particular case, this wasn't deemed necessary,

Thank you, that is an answer to my question.

I disagree. In my opinion the matter is important enough that it
should have been, and still should be, decided by the members.

The reason I think that is that the approval of the PSF's sources of
funding is an important kind of oversight. If the membership is to
give up that oversight, I think it should do so voluntarily and
unambiguously, not because of a decision the board makes by itself.

Regards,
Matt