Slau, as I do very much appreciate the fact that you're being very
helpful I do think you need some etiquette lessons. From the beginning
I stated I've only had PT and VO for three weeks so it should be quite
obvious that I have very little understanding which is why I joined
this group. I believe had your explanation been more clear rather than
saying "you've had PT since version 5 and don't know about scrubbing"
and simply addressing my problem would show quite a bit more refined
couth on your part. I understood this group was for helping new comers
rather than tactfully condescending members. Someone like Chris who is
admittedly also new to PT seems to have a better understanding of how
to explain concepts and someone like Chuck who seems to have been with
this for a while doesn't say things like, "I don't know what your
level of understanding is" which again, could be taken very
condescendingly.I'd appreciate you taking an extra minute and
rereading a post because your answer wasn't even correct. When I had
to further explain to you that scrubbing and selecting were different
in PT 5 you then posted things had changed in 7.4. Had you read my
original post throughout the first time we could have avoided 2 other
posts on here. My level of understanding in PT 5 got me 2 grammy
nominees and touring with one of the most famous bands in Canada. I
don't know your age but I believe I'm older than you and have been
using Digidesign products since the mid 80's and my level of
understanding was apparently good enough whereby they even had
changed a part about nudging in the manual back in the 90's when I
brought it up to the attention of the engineers. I really don't want
to make this a who's better than who war so again, I've never boasted
about what I do on here and very clearly said I was new to anything
after PT 5 and Outspoken from the beginning. I'm sure I was one of the
very first blind users of Digidesign products from the 2 track version
of Sound Designer to the 4 track version of Soundtools and so on. I
could go on and on and tell you who the very first Digi engineer was
and I had home phone numbers when the company had only 2 engineers and
1 product out. I've been trying to change with the times but got stuck
in PT 5 and all I'm doing now is trying to do is as you stated, "keep
up with appearances" but I don't believe anybody feels the need to be
tested on their knowledge of PT in this group.