John, Yes, in version 5, scrubbing and selecting were two different things. However, that's different since version 7.4. I and others have mentioned the option to have the insertion point follow track selection. It's under the Options menu. With this option checked, anywhere you scrub, that is, within any track, that track will then automatically be selected. Once you've done this, it's a simple matter of using the standard Pro Tools editing commands to do whatever you'd like.
I'm not sure what your level of understanding is regarding Pro Tools. This kind of stuff is fairly straightforward and not too complicated. Maybe you'll need to go through the reference guide to brush up on some stuff and perhaps learn what's new in Pro Tools since version 5. Cheers, Slau I trust in reality. On Feb 29, 2012, at 8:32 PM, John Boral wrote: > Chuck, that sounds great, I can call you tomorrow if you're around at > some point. Slau, I think we're talking about to different things. > Scrubbing is where you're listening to audio and moving back and forth > similar to what an old tape machine did years ago when you would stop > the tape and rock it back and forth. Selecting all of the audio on a > track including every region means you have to select the track first > and command A in order to highlight everything. If you were to just > scrub without selecting anything your song would be scrubbing without > you selecting any audio to be edited. Unless this version of PT is > that different where you're telling me it doesn't work that way? I > don't know if that's the case because remember I've only been using PT > HD9 for 3 weeks and I'm also trying to grasp VO and all of the > differences between PT 5, Outspoken, VO and PT 9. Can you clear up the > selection idea you had? I'm confused because it seems like in your > plan of interacting with a track and then hitting VO M etc it sounds > like it's sort of interacting twice to select a track for editing. If > Chuck's way works that would mean we'd be back to the old way of PT 5 > and just selecting a track without the extra steps involved.
