Hey all, thanks so much for the great replies. Slau, no, I can't use a
control surface in a live club situation. These are large venues 5000
+ people and usually 5 engineers. I'm required to be quick while bands
are setting up which is why my posts keep talking about doing things
in a fast way. I'm trying not to interact as much as I can so I can
quickly move through tracks and select them. Chuck's idea is the one
I'd love but it's not working for me. Chuck, I had my GF  resize the
window many different ways but unfortunately VO is not catching your
selection idea. Again, it seems however the window is resized when I
press VO space on a track it just beeps. Slau, I'm not sure what you
mean about scrubbing through a track but I can't use a control surface
until I'm home and then I can use a motor mix which I hope someone out
there can let me know if that will do the job. It worked great in PT
5. Gord and Chris, the Protools is busy message is totally nuts. It
doesn't stop until I actually force quit and restart the machine. I
did try turning VO on and off but nothing. I have 2 machines, 1 with
Lion 7.2 and 1 with SL 6.8. They are both new 8 and 12 core machines
and the same behavior with everything happens on both. I'm using PT
HD9 in case anyone thinks that could be giving me trouble. Lots of ppl
talk about making sure the mouse is routed correctly but when I have
someone look at where my cursor is many times it's nowhere near where
it should be. For example, when I'm in a track list VO is reading
stuff to me that the mouse is not even close to. I do rout the mouse
to VO and tried VO to mouse but it seems many locations don't move
together. I've tried multiple ways of cursor tracking on and off and
it's also not all of the time. Our ideas here seem to be that VO goes
out of a window sometimes while interacting and the mouse isn't able
to get to it.

Reply via email to