Hiya mate,
I get Pro Tools busy quite a lot as well, are you using Lion? I am, and I'm not 
sure the support is really there. Not sure if that's fixed in PT 10 or not, but 
I have to treat it a bit gently at the minute.

I don't know as you can do what you wanted to do with moving up and down the 
tracks, but what you can do (I believe), is record safe all tracks. Not sure if 
I've got the wrong end of the stick or what, but I thought that disarmed all 
tracks. A quick test mind you, is to hit record, if you have any tracks armed, 
it'll go to record. If none of them are, it'll error, telling you that no 
tracks are record-enabled. I know it's not much, but it's useful 3/10 times LOL.

Hope this helps, and sorry I can't help more. Still pretty new to this stuff 
myself.

HTH.

Take care,
Chris Norman
Email and MSN: [email protected]
Feel free to follow my music, either by following @cnproject on Twitter 
(www.twitter.com/cnproject), or by liking my Facebook page at 
www.facebook.com/thechrisnormanproject.

On 29 Feb 2012, at 00:34, John Boral wrote:

> Thanks Chuck, I'll try the gray bar tonight. Can you tell me if you've
> ever gotten a Protools Busy message that doesn't stop unless you
> force  quit? I'm getting it often lately. Also, maybe you can help
> with 2 other things, #1 I frequently get  apple menu is under the
> mouse no matter how things are routed. I believe it's because the VO
> cursor is in a place that the mouse can't follow. What are the proper
> commands to fit everything on the screen, somebody talked about a
> scroll in to view, is that it? #2 Is there something quick that can
> let you see 1 aspect of many tracks, for example, any way of knowing
> the status of solo, mute, record, read, write, latch, touch as you
> move up and down? Like if you have 24 tracks just hitting down arrow
> in the automation field and hearing off, off, off, read, read, latch,
> touch etc. Or scrolling down a part that would say, the track name and
> record on or record off as you go through each track. The way I'm
> doing  it now is interacting with each track and I have to go through
> each column 1 by 1 to hear the state of where things are.

Reply via email to