The only way to have a session default to a tempo other than 120 bpm is to
create a template with the session tempo set to whatever you want. All of your
sessions created from that template will be at that tempo. Regarding the
previous question, if you set the tempo without the conductor enabled, when you
enable the conductor (which you'll need to follow tempo changes), the tempo
will probably revert to 120 bpm. You'll probably need to create a tempo event
at the beginning of the session and another tempo change where you want it to
go to the new tempo.