> On Jan 12, 2015, at 2:37 PM, Brian Kardell <bkard...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rn...@apple.com
> <mailto:rn...@apple.com>> wrote:
> [snip]
> I agree that having both style isolation and subtree isolation is desirable
> in some use cases such as Web app widgets.  However, there are other use
> cases for which style isolation without subtree isolation is desirable in
> non-App Web documents.
>
> - R. Niwa
>
> Can you share such a case? If you're worried about CSS selectors 'bleeding
> through' how do functional selectors not have precisely the same concerns?
> I'm not saying it doesn't exist, I'm saying that I am having trouble
> envisioning it and would like some more information.  It does seem to me that
> both sorts of isolation naturally 'fall out' of simply having a connector of
> trees that isn't using parent/child pointers and that most things would "just
> work" and be easy to explain (as a thing on its own and to use to build up
> higher features) which is an aspect I am having trouble seeing in nearly all
> other proposals.  Once again, I'm not saying it's not there, I'm just asking
> for someone to explain/show me.

Sure, here are some use cases I can think off the top of my head:
Styling a navigation bar which is implemented as a list of hyperlinks
Styling an article in a blog
Styling the comment section in a blog article
Styling a code snippet in a blog article
None of these scenarios require authors to write scripts.

- R. Niwa