> On Jan 12, 2015, at 4:16 PM, Brian Kardell <bkard...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Sure, here are some use cases I can think off the top of my head:
> Styling a navigation bar which is implemented as a list of hyperlinks
> Styling an article in a blog
> Styling the comment section in a blog article
> Styling a code snippet in a blog article
> None of these scenarios require authors to write scripts.
>
> - R. Niwa
>

> I'm sorry, this might be dense but as use cases go those seem incomplete....
> I believe you intend to illustrate something here, but I'm not getting it...
> Is the idea that the nav bar wants to deliver "this is how I am styled"
> without interference from the page, potentially through some assembly on the
> server or preprocess or something?   Or it is just like "this is actually
> really hard to manage" with CSS and here's potentially a way to make it
> 'scope' easier?

It's both that the navigation bar wants to have its own set of CSS rules and
doesn't want to get affected by other CSS rules; and it's hard to manage a
large number of CSS rules manually without an encapsulation mechanism like a
style isolation boundary [1].

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2253110/managing-css-explosion

- R. Niwa