Hi

Gummbum and I didn't like the numpy dependency of ptext, therefore we wrote a pygame only version: pygametext.py

It does the same as ptext but using only pygame as dependency. If you want to be sure, there is also a comparer script that renders the output of both so it can be  compared.

https://bitbucket.org/dr0id/pyknic/src/f8bee5c15ec7c7399f15fc3b2e1424793c63c3b2/pyknic-lib/experimental/textrendering/?at=default