Guido,

> I would like to remove myself entirely from the decision process. I'll still
> be there for a while as an ordinary core dev, and I'll still be available to
> mentor people -- possibly more available. But I'm basically giving myself a
> permanent vacation from being BDFL, and you all will be on your own.

Since you only announced it here so far, this also seems the only proper place
to thank you for 27 years of service…and Python of course. :)

> So what are you all going to do? Create a democracy? Anarchy? A dictatorship?
> A federation?
>
> I'm not worried about the day to day decisions in the issue tracker or on
> GitHub. Very rarely I get asked for an opinion, and usually it's not actually
> important. So this can just be dealt with as it has always been.
>
> The decisions that most matter are probably
> - How are PEPs decided
> - How are new core devs inducted
>
> We may be able to write up processes for these things as PEPs (maybe those
> PEPs will form a kind of constitution). But here's the catch. I'm going to
> try and let you all (the current committers) figure it out for yourselves.

I believe none of us is an expert in *this* kind of problems so I’m positive it
would be beneficial to a) look what others did and process it into a PEP(?), b)
possibly even involve someone external who *is* an expert like PyCon US did
with their CoC, and most importantly c) never, ever quote works of ESR.

Enjoy your break!
—h