> On Jul 12, 2018, at 2:27 PM, Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> For the time being, I propose that we shift into low gear and defer major
> language changes for a while

+1

Not only do I think our first major decision should be how we make decisions
now, but as the release manager of the first versions of Python to ever be
developed without a dictator at the helm, I feel responsible for them not to be
viewed by future archeologists as the releases where the project went downhill
;-)

The fact I'm midway through a 5 week coast-to-coast road trip doesn't help.

Let's not rush anything at this point. This includes the release schedule which
I think is wise to keep intact through this transition. See PEP 569 for 3.8.

I'm +1 to an Informational PEP around the state of the art in project
governance.