Thanks for the great insights into PyObjC!

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 9:02 AM Ronald Oussoren <ronaldousso...@mac.com> wrote:
> I don’t know how much the move of global state to per-interpreter state
> affects extensions, other than references to singletons and static types.

That's the million dollar question. :)

FYI, one additional challenge is when an extension module depends on a
third-party C library which itself keeps global state which might leak
between subinterpreters.  The Cryptography project ran into this
several years ago with OpenSSL and they were understandably grumpy
about it.

> But with some macro trickery that could be made source compatible for
> extensions.

Yeah, that's one approach that we've discussed in the past (e.g. at
the last core sprint).

-eric