    Carl> Using lambdas doesn't solve the problem. I just kept the example
short, but
    Carl> had I used more than one expression in each function, you'd be back to
    Carl> square one. You took advantage of the brevity of the example, but
it's not
    Carl> realistic.

I already told you that it wasn't real application code, it was your
example by the way.

    Carl> There are lots of language specific features that library authors
use, like
    Carl> operator overloading, ABCs etc...

Those are features that I do not consider core Python and probably they
have similar, already done implementations in some javascript
libraries. I'm not stating that JS hasn't its limitations, we are all
well aware of that. JavaScripthon just reduces the effort of
recontextualize your mind when jumping between python and js code and in
doing that it just solves some of the more evindent shortcomings of JS
for you. But maybe it's just my impression, i've done it for me anyway
;-) . It produces so uncluttered JS that allows even to redistribute
just the JS transpiled sources when necessary.

As I said before, it's not a reimplementation of Python's
standard library in JS, there are plenty of libraries in JS that cover
the same areas of Python's standard library and more and more that deal
with things related to manipulating dom and browsers. I do not intend to
replace those even because sooner or later you will have to use them
(I'm talking about libraries like react, angular and so on)... there's
no point for me in trying to build your own "python in the browser"
ecosystem.

    Carl> Python is a great language, and I always opt for it when it's an
option,
    Carl> but I've used it to write front-end code, and it sucks.

What do you have used?