On 15/05/2014 14:58, Roy Smith wrote:
In article <78ac407a-c429-4a7a-93c9-5d83e0f09...@googlegroups.com>,
  Rustom Mody <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:

And yet programmers continue to be decades behind all other users of
computers.  We continue to use flat text for our programs when all others
have moved on.

It's not like we haven't tried.  There have been a few attempts at using
richer media to program (graphical UML editors, for example).  They've
all pretty much been failures.

This http://sourceforge.net/projects/doublesvsoop/ was project of the month just a little while ago, so it's obviously overcome all of the known obstacles, in exactly the same way that all previous silver bullets have done. At least I think it's the kind of thing that you're talking about.

--
My fellow Pythonistas, ask not what our language can do for you, ask what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---
is active.