Hi again...see below

On 06/12/2018 08:50 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> On 6/11/2018 5:09 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

>>> On further study there may be a couple of mistakes on my part due to my
>>> unfamiliarity with SVN that may have contributed to this problem.
>>>
>>>  1. I did not do a specific add of the directories before committing them.
>>>  2. I use Tortoise SVN and I vaguely remember something about the repos
>>>     having difficulty with Windows line endings
>>>
>>>  If either of these could be contributing I can do the add for the
>>> directories and try the commit again. Also Tortoise SVN  now has an EOL
>>> property that also to specifically set the EOL type to be used. I can
>>> also try setting those directories to specifically use Linux EOL's if
>>> y'all think that might help.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Keith
>> From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn
>> update, everything cam through OK.

> The only potential downfall is that even after an SVN update they are
> still showing as unversioned in my working copy. As the initial commit
> was only to evaluate a more detailed structure it isn't a problem for now.
>
> Keith

hmmm...well the Impress directory itself is NOT showing up on the
staging server, so this IS a problem. You just need to add the
directories themselves to svn and commit.

I'm finding that adding the directories to the index script is not as
simple as I thought it would be, but I am working on it. (grrr! why does
stuff work on the command line but not inside a script!) My time is
quite limited for the rest of the week, so maybe in a week or so.

Take care.

>> On the other (my) issue about index.html NOT being removed. I did verify
>> on staging that the index.html had been removed reverting to the
>> "default" setup on that server of just displaying a file listing, before
>> I did the publish. In any case, maybe just as well the index.html is
>> STILL there in production otherwise we may have gotten teh "forbidden"
>> message for the whole directory.
>>
>> I should have time to make changes to accommodate directory structures
>> in the index generation script, in:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/scripts/auto-index.sh
>>
>> in the next day or so. Since we have no dynamic mechanisms available for
>> dynamic server-side page generation, the index will need to be
>> regenerated whenever changes are made to this area.

MzK

"Less is MORE."