I think using the projects units makes more sense, Using the layer units makes things confusing I think, think of having one layer in degrees and another in meters.
So +1 for swapping to mean project units. On Sat Dec 13 2014 at 4:02:10 PM Martin Dobias <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi > > Recently I have been working on some snapping improvements (more about > that later) and I have found one slightly surprising thing about the > configuration of tolerances: if the tolerance unit is set to "map units", > it actually means "layer units" - i.e. units in layer's CRS and not in > project's CRS. Recently there was even a bug report filed for that: > https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11634 > > I would like to change the behavior so that the "map units" in snapping > config dialog would mean units in project's CRS. Would there be any > objections? > > Alternatively we could just rename "map units" to "layer units" to make it > less surprising (and eventually add a third option to use project's units). > > Cheers > Martin > > _______________________________________________ > Qgis-developer mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
_______________________________________________ Qgis-developer mailing list [email protected] http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
