Hi, I would say +1 for map units.
Regarding Marco’s use case, using the 50cm limit should be equivalent in map units, no? From my point of view, the settings of snapping are far too advanced for 95% of the usage. Let’s not make them even more complicated, just for a very specific use case. My 2 ct. Denis > On 13 Dec 2014, at 07:02, Martin Dobias <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi > > Recently I have been working on some snapping improvements (more about that > later) and I have found one slightly surprising thing about the configuration > of tolerances: if the tolerance unit is set to "map units", it actually means > "layer units" - i.e. units in layer's CRS and not in project's CRS. Recently > there was even a bug report filed for that: https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11634 > <https://hub.qgis.org/issues/11634> > > I would like to change the behavior so that the "map units" in snapping > config dialog would mean units in project's CRS. Would there be any > objections? > > Alternatively we could just rename "map units" to "layer units" to make it > less surprising (and eventually add a third option to use project's units). > > Cheers > Martin > > _______________________________________________ > Qgis-developer mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
_______________________________________________ Qgis-developer mailing list [email protected] http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer
