Hello Alex,

Further to my last, for Vector Save As, I couldn't find any option to save it as a raster file. Is there some other place to look?

                Thanks again, Cheers . . . . . . . . Spring Harrison

At 08-08-2015 12:07 Saturday, Alex Mandel wrote:
On 08/06/2015 11:08 AM, Springfield Harrison wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Is there a tool/plugin for georeferencing vector files to an existing
> projected layer?
>
> I'm intending to bring in property survey drawings that have only local
> coordinates but projected coordinates (UTM) are available for some corners.
>
> Thank you . . . .
>
> Cheers . . . . .  Springfield Harrison
> Samsung Tab 4

My trick, is convert the vector an image in QGIS (Save Image)
Georeference the image, saving the control point list out to a file.
You can then use these control points (gcps) with ogr2ogr to transform
the original vector.

-Alex